If you are travelling to Thailand, here is what you will need to know if you want to visit during the COVID-19 pandemic.
All travellers must provide proof of an insurance policy that covers treatment for COVID-19 up to the cost of $100,000 and a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure.
A PCR test must be taken on arrival, after which all travellers must quarantine at government-approved quarantine facilities or Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facilities. This can include luxury hotels, some of which have developed quarantine packages.
Does my Buddy Travel Policy meet the Thai COVID-19 requirements?
The short answer is Yes.
Here is all the details on on of COVID-19 protections included on every policy:
Notwithstanding the CORONAVIRUS EXCLUSION clause on page 5 of the Policy booklet, we are delighted to confirm that Buddy policies now include the following protections for COVID-19. 🦠
Buddy now has you covered for:
- Up to €10million (up from €6.5m last year) emergency medical expenses cover for COVID-19
- Unlimited FREE extended trip duration cover (if, due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Where medically necessary – repatriation costs to bring you back to Ireland where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Additional accommodation and repatriation expenses for you, and any one member of the travel party who has to remain or travel with you
- Travel expenses, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you
- Up to €900 hospital benefit payment (spending money if admitted to hospital)
We have not had any issues with clients travelling to Thailand with a Buddy policy. If you would like further written confirmation our support team will be very happy to email you with the COVID-19 cover outlined above which clearly states the cover amounts (up to €10million… literally x100 what is required 😎)
Any other questions head over to Buddy.ie and click on the chat bubble we are always online and here to help.